The Memorial Day weekend officially launches summer time fun. It is the time to remember those who have impacted our lives and creating memories with your family and friends. Make the most out of this weekend with these low cost, last minute fun activities:
- Visit your local parks or beaches. Bring your picnic baskets, blankets, and favorite outdoor games to your favorite beach. If you live near a park, woods or mountains take the opportunity to get out into nature and get some exercise.
- Plan backyard BBQ potluck. Invite family and friends to your home and ask each to bring a dish. For entertainment, play board games, playing cards, and dominos.
- Visit a local museum or attraction in your town, many times veterans and active duty military can get in for free or a discount on Memorial Day.
- Have family movie day – Have each family member write four movies down on a sheet of paper, fold it up and place it in a hat. Someone draws one out of the hat and that is how we choose the movie. Keep the food simple by ordering a pizza and prepare popcorn. You can rent low-cost movies through Redbox or possibly even your local library and do a good old-fashioned marathon.
- Make an overnight trip of camping and fishing. Camping and fishing are inexpensive way to get away from reality for a few days. If you do not own camping gear, ask friends to borrow. If not, take a day fishing trip.
- Pool party. This weekend marks the beginning of swimming season. Find a pool near you and spend the day soaking up the sun.
- Finish up that Spring Cleaning you’ve been putting off. Tackle those tasks you’ve been avoiding like cleaning the garage or power washing the deck.
- Plant a garden. It can be fun if you do it with your family and it will provide lots of produce for the summer months. This can reduce your grocery budget.
Have a great time this weekend and stay within your budget!
Remember our goal is to get Financial F.I.T. (Focused, Involved to Transform your life).
Until next week,