This morning I realized we are headed into the fall season and the year 2013 will be over in few short months. Then I asked myself where did 2013 go? With that reality, I reviewed my 2013 financial goals and realized that I still have things to accomplish in 2013. So if you are like me and want to finish the year 2013 strong, now is the time to stay focused! Here are some financial reminders for you as we head to the end of the year:
- Mortgage assistance needed – Start the loan modification process with your mortgage company because some government sponsored programs may expire on December 31st, 2013.
- Review yours household budget and tweak as necessary. Don’t forget to pull out your children’s budget as well, especially if you have child graduating from high school or college.
- Plan to use all your funds in flexible spending account. Review your account balance and make a list of possible year-end medical and dental expenses. You want to use all the pre-tax dollars you have contributed throughout the year.
- Clean out your closets and donate what you don’t need. If you itemize on your tax return, take all that stuff to Goodwill or any other charitable organization and claim a deduction for your contribution.
- Sign up for bank account alerts. The end of year normally begins trend of more spending. Keep close tabs on your balance so your purchases aren’t declined for insufficient funds with bank account alerts via text and/or email.
It’s our responsibility to stay on track financially. Don’t get frustrated or overwhelmed! Run your financial race all the way through 2013!
Remember our goal is to get Financial F.I.T. (Focused, Involved to Transform your life).
Until next week,